The Deep


It is not light shining in darkness
That has brought me to weep.
But the darkness itself
In which I used to sleep.

In a fathomless black cloud
Floating adrift, inside.
Wrapped in a shroud
Utterly mystified.

Falling down again and again
Against the current of knowing
Far from its peace to gain
An invisible river overflowing.

Pity my soul divided
Between wrong and worse
And not knowing how one-sided
Was my angry curse:

"You don't exist", I screamed.
Into the blackness I bellowed.
In return the light beamed,
But the bitter pill, I swallowed.

Unaware of my state, I fell deep
Into the confusion of man
And troubled at night, I could not sleep
And on and on it ran.

So were my teens -
So close to being my whole life
So lost in the in-betweens
And riddled sick with strife.

But the greatest miracle happened
I plunged so deep into darkness,
Into the pit of the heart without end
As the mockers, they picked my carcass...

And there a gentle light dawned on my brow
And imperceptibly low inside
That grew, over years, until now:
Endless beautiful heaven, open wide.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monkey Bars

I long to see him

Book, Interrupted. On the fringes of Christianity.