God Listens

I am reading 1 Samuel on the bus on the way to work. God listened to the Israelites. When they wanted a king instead of God, he used Samuel to appoint Saul as king. Sometimes I think when praying that my petitions fall on deaf ears. But over and over again in the Old Testament god listened to the people and did what they asked, even if it was not god's original plan. I am reminded of Jesus's story about the widow who kept going before the judge, repeatedly pleading before him and eventually he granted her desire. Jesus told this story because he knew the god of the Old Testament would listen to his people. And so he listens to us because god never changes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monkey Bars

I long to see him

Book, Interrupted. On the fringes of Christianity.