Beech Trees

Beech trees
And soft grass
I stretch out 
On a rolling green hill

Beneath the sun
Out of the shadows
There is no desolation
To trouble my soul.

Leaves and branches
Undulate
In the warm
Spring wind.

And I sink deep 
In this invisible river
that runs
Through it all.

Just for a minute
I have stopped running.
Stitched up the wrists
And headed for home.

Give me sleep
Give me myself
Give me my neighbor,
The stranger
To welcome him in.

But most of all
Fill me with the sweet
Sweet sweet succulent scent
Of love.

Water the root
And send the sweet sap
Running to the ends
Of the soft green leaves.

Fill me
Remake me
Engorge this heart
With life-giving, giving-love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monkey Bars

I long to see him

Book, Interrupted. On the fringes of Christianity.