The Void














I cannot deny
I screamed out into the void
And the whisper came back
"I love you"

It never ends
This time here
Even when our bones
Are buried In the ground.

We yet persist.
We persist
In the way we were
From now on

So how do you exist?
How do you run
When you cannot stand
And all is lost?

What love
Do you call on
In the deep, dark, cold
Watches of the night?

Or do you live
In perpetual sunshine
Denying the decay
Of your heart?

On the walls
Of this prison 
I scrawl
This is heaven.

And so it is
Sweet explosions
Of life and joy
Are now mine

And I will love this way
Until eternity
Because, you see
I have found heaven in me.

Love,
Sweet love,
Mercy has set me free

To find thee.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monkey Bars

I long to see him

Book, Interrupted. On the fringes of Christianity.