He is

He is the thunder in the storm,
The roar after a crack of lightning
Burns through the sky and hits the ground.

He is the silence in the womb,
The sweet quiet noiseless depths
That lie at the bottom of the ocean
Rushing in like a heavy silent wind
That is so poignant, it is heavy.

He is the bird in winter
Singing out of his longing
For warmer days;
Singing out of his desire
To connect with you,
To hold you -
To comfort you.

He is wisdom
In human form
Stumping the educated,
Raising the fool into honored places
This is scandal: he raises the lowly
And strikes down the proud.

He is the sweet clean water
Flowing through a child’s hands
In the park on Sunday
Under the warm sun amidst the calls
Of the children playing nearby.

40 days and 40 nights
I wept for him
That he would come and fill me
Make me the man that I should be
Give me peace and understanding
And bring life
To my weary soul.

He burns hot in the great behemoth stars
Exploding light from their cores out into endless galaxies
Swirling in great heaving spirals.

He is in the snow
Alighting softly on the ground
In the comforting silence
Of a quiet mid-winter night.

He comes to rest
Blanketing my agitated soul
And wrapping it in peace.
In silence.
In stillness.

He refreshes me in the lonely midnight hour
And sustains me through the tumultuous day.
Bids me come and follow,
When I am walking my own rocky path;

He shows me the road less traveled
The sweet road of silence that winds through
Lands of fierce and wild beauty.


-Fant(11/16/2013)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monkey Bars

I long to see him

Book, Interrupted. On the fringes of Christianity.