Finding God

It has been almost 18 years since I first found God in native American literature. Since then God steeped me in the beauty and majesty of his presence. I grew more peaceful and contented. But during these 18 years, God slowly introduced me to the story of Jesus and it wasn't until I started relying on Jesus that God changed me from an inward focused and self-centered being into a man who does His will on Earth. I can come to no other conclusion that there is power in this Christian story and, though I do not deny that God can use any religion or a lack of religion to find you, Jesus is the rabbi that actually changed me. Nothing else could. And no other faith could save my soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monkey Bars

I long to see him

Book, Interrupted. On the fringes of Christianity.