I know that God loves so deeply it will crumple your weakened knees. I know this because yesterday I had an experience of closeness to God that I have never had before. I wrote a poem while it was happening. See my previous blog post titled enraptured: http://spiritgivesbirth.blogspot.com/2015/12/enraptured.html I kissed the face of the divine, and he (or she) kissed me back. I think that God has deep emotions for us, not just because I have experienced it, but because it is written in scripture. God created Adam AND Eve in his own image. That means he has all the strength of man and the spirit of doing and fighting for justice but also the gentle relational spirit of Eve. Eve who loves deeply and cries and rejoices for her lover. God, in the Christian tradition, is three in one. The father, spirit and son - in eternal relationship with each other. He is a relational being. He is a friend, a father, and a lover. ...
Comments