Enraptured

Soft warm rays of light
Breaking through the mighty black clouds above
Fall softly onto my face
And wrap me in heat.

Electric impulses shoot down my synapses
From my muscles into my limbs
And up to my brain
Baking in the mix of good feeling transmitters

I swoon in the infinite
Steadying myself
Against the weight
Of the eternal.

Love flows freely
Heaven to earth
And then earth to heaven
In a joyful exchange of souls.

The cycle is complete,
My purpose is fulfilled.
Gravity fails to hold down
My heart and feet to the soil.

The air is singing,
The rocks cry out
And all creation sighs
And breaths deeply.

The sound of music
Coming from my ear buds
Is drowned out 
By the silent delight in my heart.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monkey Bars

I long to see him

Book, Interrupted. On the fringes of Christianity.