Love Screams

The wind bends the green trees
whipping up waves
of grasses on the
desolate brown-grey prairie.

And I am standing here
In the fast fading evening sun
A dog
That has stepped on his leash.

Syrians turned away at the border
By guns in schools, and hands
That don't have a soul to hold them
Down in our pockets.

Love peace and harmony
Very nice
Very nice
Very nice

But I don't want to
Get involved.

Break of the waves
Crashing on the beach
Levels are rising
And the ice floats down from the north.

Love, peace and harmony
Very nice
Very nice 
Very nice

But I don't want to
Get involved.

The whisper crescendos
In a scream
In my heart, a wildfire
That burns bright in the dark.

Burn and spread
In this silent sleeping nation.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monkey Bars

I long to see him

Book, Interrupted. On the fringes of Christianity.