Redemption

God of failure,
God of light
Dim in the distance
Hushed in the night.

Living this pain
These trifles, they bruise.
Is life lived in vain
In this game, I lose.

Hearts speak comfort
Then scream obscenity
And the retort
Is the blood of entropy.

Bodies burning and heaving
Aching in pain and disgust
And the angels they sing
Over men of dust.

Is this heaven
I demand, so lost.
I cannot, a man
Fathom the cost.

I ask the question -
So human and perverse
Do you exist
In this, my desolate universe?

And the silence closes in
So the years pass by
And the planets, they spin
Until I give in and die.

Can you redeem alone
This bottomless soul
This skin and bones
Surrounding a hole?

Save me by small chances
To grasp the light
In bitter circumstances
Before the coming of night.

And in the silence of my request
In the bowels of pain
A voice repressed
Comes to me again.

"You don't even have to breathe -
I'll put air in your chest
And you don't have to grieve
I'll bring life to all the rest.

And this land will open for you
And these hills under the sun
For I have pursued you
And loved you by my son.

And these days will lighten
And stretch out to the sky
And your heart will soften
And cease to wonder why."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monkey Bars

I long to see him

Book, Interrupted. On the fringes of Christianity.